IP Inclusive annual meeting & diversity conference
21 January 2020
9 am – 5 pm
This year our annual meeting will form part of a full-day conference, with workshops on a range of diversity- and inclusion-related topics and plenty of opportunities to network and share ideas with other IP Inclusive supporters. We hope that for those of you who were planning to come into London specially for the annual meeting, the additional CPD content will make the trip more worthwhile, as well as providing inspiration for our 2020 plans.
Where and when?
The event is being kindly hosted by Kilburn & Strode at Lacon London, 84 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8NL. Registration is from 8.30 am, conference 9 am to 5 pm. Lunch will be provided.
What’s in store?
The programme includes:
- “Resilience awareness”: a workshop on developing personal resilience by Ian Rustige, CEO and Coach at EnergisedEngagement.com
- “Power, Presence and Impact – how to utilise yours, and nurture it in others”: a workshop about personal goals and the confidence to achieve them, in yourself and in others, by Karen Crawley, development coach and former patent attorney
- “Banter: breaking or making barriers”: a workshop by Stella Chandler from Focal Point Training, about the impact of our language and behaviour in the workplace, and how to stop harmless “banter” becoming a threat to inclusivity
- “Careers in Ideas 2020”: an introduction to the latest Careers in Ideas resources, with ideas for presenting them to teachers, students and careers advisers and a discussion about their future development, led by Julie Barrett of Purposive Step Consulting and the Careers in Ideas team
- “Boardrooms on board!”: a discussion about the role of senior decision-makers in advancing the D&I agenda, chaired by Kilburn & Strode’s HR Director Jonathan Clarke, with input from experienced panellists in IP sector leadership roles
- The IP Inclusive annual meeting, with updates on our 2019 achievements and a chance to help shape our plans and priorities for 2020