“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
This exciting, first-of-a-kind collaboration from the three support groups of IP Inclusive – IP & Me, IP Out, and Women In IP – explored how we can all be allies, advocates, and supporters for each other: a game-changing concept to promote diversity and inclusion. Our fantastic panel discussed their experiences and shared tips, followed by a chance for guests to mingle over drinks and canapes with a wide range of IP Inclusive supporters – and to grab themselves an IP Inclusive Ally badge and postcard, kindly sponsored by EIP. Like others organised by these groups, this free event was open to all IP professionals.
The panellists were:
- Charlotte May QC – Barrister, 8 New Square
- Ella Slade – Global Talent Acquisition Communications Specialist, IBM
- Daniel Winterfeldt – Partner, US Securities, Global Capital Markets, Reed Smith; Founder and Chair, InterLaw Diversity Forum
- Ros Lynch – Copyright and IP Enforcement Director, IPO
- Chaired by Andrea Brewster – Leader, IP Inclusive & Member of CIPA Council
They gave us valuable input on questions such as:
- How can I show that I support diverse groups in the workplace, whatever level I am at?
- What can I do to help make an atmosphere conducive to everyone’s success?
- How can I help my colleagues feel free to be themselves?
- How can my organisation signal that it is making a commitment to diversity and inclusion?
The event was kindly hosted by IP Inclusive signatories Norton Rose Fulbright at their London offices.