A free webinar from Focal Point Training
& the IP Inclusive MHFA network
Wednesday 10 March 2021
12.30 – 1.30 pm
In these challenging times do you find that your emotions can get the better of you? Is this having an impact on your work and life? Would you like to be able to manage your emotions effectively and learn to respond with control rather than react?
This webinar revealed a simple four-step process to help develop your ability to manage your own emotions and therefore the emotions of others, and in so doing improve your resilience.
Speaker Chris Brown also guided us through a short reflection session, to demonstrate how the technique can be used to recognise and understand the emotions you experience, and harness them to greater effect in your work and professional relationships.
Chris Brown, Leadership Coach and Training Consultant
Coming from a strong business, training and coaching background Chris is a qualified, experienced executive, leadership coach, facilitator and trainer. He has worked in a wide range of businesses and organisations including local authorities, colleges, travel companies, car manufacturers and professional bodies.
Chris is passionate about the power of coaching and leadership development to transform the lives of busy professionals. Today’s workplaces need strong leadership and Chris’s mission is to help develop everyone’s skills to lead in their own areas.
In his spare time Chris plays guitar in a band. He also enjoys running and reading.
Chris has also kindly shared a list of recommended reading. All these books are related in some way to the discussions in the webinar, but he has highlighted ones he thinks are particularly relevant:
- Caruso D & Salovey P (2004) The Emotionally Intelligent Manager How to Develop and Use the Four Key Emotional Skills of Leadership, Jossey-Bass
- Covey, Stephen R (1989) The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Simon and Schuster London
- Goleman, Daniel (1998) Working with Emotional Intelligence, Bloomsbury London
- Weisinger, Hendrie (1998) Emotional Intelligence at Work, Jossey-Bass
- Harley, Shari (2013) How to Say Anything to Anyone A Guide to Building Business Relationships That Really Work, Greenleaf Book Group
- Gribben S (2016) Key Coaching Models – The 70+ Models every manager and coach needs to know, FT Publishing, Harlow
- Kabat-Zinn, Jon (1994) Wherever You Go There You Are, Mindfulness Meditation for Everyday Life, Piatkus
- Robbins, Anthony (1991) Awaken the Giant Within How to Take Control of your Mental, Physical and Financial Destiny, Pocket Books
- Tolle, Eckhart (1999) The Power of Now, Hodder Mobius
- Williams, Mark & Penman, Danny (2011) Mindfulness A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World, Piatkus
This webinar was a joint project between IP Inclusive partners Focal Point Training and our Mental Health First Aiders Network. It was open to all IP professionals and useful whatever your role and career level.