Celebrating International Women’s Day
Tuesday 8 March 2022
12.30 – 1.30 pm
A chance to engage in a crucial conversation around how gender equality in our industry can be achieved and protected.
The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) kindly invited IP Inclusive supporters to their free webinar to mark International Women’s Day on 8 March.
The webinar explored:
- How we can unlock opportunity and close the gap between ambition and reality.
- How to be a leader who provides a springboard for others in their career, especially younger women.
- How to challenge behaviour in situations where women are held back or missing out on opportunities because of their gender, education, background, or other factors.
Delegates heard about the role models and mentors of three of CITMA’s most recent past female Presidents: Kate O’Rourke, Catherine Wolfe and Maggie Ramage, and how they see their own positions as role models for others.
The speakers shared their advice to women who want to succeed, grow and develop in the IP profession to become future leaders. They explored not only how adversity can be overcome, but how that experience can be used to support others.
Full of advice for a new generation and celebration of what has already been achieved, this webinar will have helped shape thinking on where the industry should go next.
- How to create opportunity for yourself in the world of IP
- How to support women in challenging discriminatory behaviour
- Overcoming challenges as a female business leader
You can access a recording of the webinar here.
This webinar was free of charge and open to all IP professionals, whether or not CITMA members.