A free webinar from IP Inclusive and Jonathan’s Voice
Wednesday 7 September 2022
12.30 – 1.30 pm
The theme for the day this year is “Creating Hope Through Action”. Our webinar included a pre-recorded video by Tiago Zortea which looked at current research, outcomes and what might act as preventative measures. Professor Andrew Reeves and Mark Fudge then shared, through a wonderful informal “fireside chat”, how their work as counsellors supports those in dark places. There was an opportunity for questions, and for reflection on how we as individuals might bring or find hope.
Our speakers have considerable expertise in the area of suicide. Tiago Zortea is a clinical psychologist in training at the University of Oxford. Professor Andrew Reeves is Professor in Counselling Professions and Mental Health and a BACP Senior Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist. Mark Fudge has worked as a counsellor within higher education for 20 years and previously had a career in health development. The event was chaired by Penelope Aspinall, a mental health consultant for Jonathan’s Voice.
Who was it for?
This event was for all UK-based IP professionals who are interested in mental wellbeing. It doesn’t matter where you work, what role you play there or what career level you’re at: this is an important topic which touches many and matters to all of us.
Here you can access:
- A recording of the event
- Speaker Penelope Aspinall’s slides (these include a dropbox link to Tiago Zortea’s pre-recorded presentation, and also a list of sources of help)
- Tiago’s “The library of life” slides
- The Jonathan’s Voice blog post for World Suicide Prevention Day 2022, which includes a link to the National Suicide Prevention Alliance’s “Hope for Us” Miro board
- The CIPD Guide Responding to suicide risk in the workplace: a guide for people professionals
- The book Overcoming Depression: A self-help guide using Cognitive Behavioural Techniques by Paul Gilbert: ISBN-10 1849010668
We have also published, here, a report of the key insights and discussion points from the webinar.
This event was free. So are all our resources. The Jonathan’s Voice events and resources are also free at the point of delivery.
That said, both organisations do need money to keep the show on the road, so if you enjoyed the event please consider contributing. For more information, visit the IP Inclusive fundraising page or the Jonathan’s Voice donations page.