A two-day online course
in association with Illuminate VR
Tuesday 28 March 2023, 9:15 am – 5 pm
Wednesday 29 March 2023, 9:15 am – 5 pm
IP Inclusive partners Illuminate VR are on a mission to help upskill and support Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAers) within the IP sector.
You may have done the 2-day course previously (longer than 3 years ago) or be keen to start on your journey to becoming a MHFAer for your workplace. Either way, this 2-day online course was for you. It was accredited by Mental Health First Aid England and entitled participants to three years of MHFAer support afterwards.
The course was open to all professionals who work in IP, whatever their role or career level.
Illuminate kindly offered a 10% discount for IP Inclusive supporters, making the £292.50 VAT-inclusive course fee fantastic value for money.
About MHFA training
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally-recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of poor mental health and provide help to someone who may need it. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
The fantastic new course
The new course launched in September 2022 gives learners three years’ access to the MHFAider Support App® and ongoing learning and resources. With access to MHFAider® Support and Benefits, training doesn’t stop when the course comes to an end. There is continuous support for MHFAers – well beyond initial certification – so you can feel confident, empowered and motivated to carry out your role.
Through a blend of instructor-led live sessions and self-learning activities, course participants:
- Developed practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Gained confidence to reassure and support a person in distress
- Learned how to guide them to further support for recovery
What does the 3 years’ support include?
- Access to a hard copy workbook and digital manual
- 24/7 digital support through the MHFAider Support App®
- A resource library of toolkits and guidance to support your MHFAers in their role
- A signposting database through Hub Of Hope to find local and national mental health services for additional support
- Secure conversation journalling to make reflective notes while protecting confidentiality
- 24/7 text support services through Shout for advice and reassurance on a mental health conversation or to support wellbeing after a difficult conversation
- Exclusive quarterly webinars to embed and broaden mental health knowledge
- The benefit of joining England’s largest community of trained MHFAers