An online refresher course
in association with Illuminate VR
Tuesday 8 November 2022
9 am – 1 pm
We were delighted to bring you this 4-hour interactive workshop, held on Zoom, organised in association with Illuminate VR, who worked with us on our popular June 2022 webinar “The sticking plaster and the stairwell”. The training course is certified through MHFA England. It has been created specifically for IP Inclusive supporters, for whom Illuminate kindly offered a discounted price of £100 + VAT.
More about the event
Working in partnership with IP Inclusive, Illuminate are on a mission to help upskill and support Mental Health First Aiders within the IP sector.
This refresher was perfect for anyone who had completed the 1-day or 2-day Mental Health First Aid course. We recommend everyone refreshes their skills at least yearly, especially after all of the changes and impacts of the pandemic and ongoing pressures within society.
The MHFA refresher was designed to recap on key learning, develop skills and build confidence, specifically given the current landscape. It supported MHFAiders in IP by:
- Renewing their skills
- Reviewing the impact of the last 3 years and new ways of working on our mental health, specifically within the context of pressures within the IP industry
- Practising their non-judgemental listening skills
- Updating their knowledge of mental health supports
- Giving the chance to practise applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Understanding how to support others remotely
- Sharing and learning in a safe environment with others within the IP sector
Learning took place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. The session was really interactive and relaxed.
The workshop was four hours long, held via Zoom with two short breaks.
Everyone got a short manual, workbook and certificate.