Careers in Ideas Week 2020 was from 16-22 November. We encouraged all our supporters to do, or at least initiate, one thing that week to raise awareness of IP-related careers.
Our dedicated Careers in Ideas Week page included information about our own plans, ideas from our supporters, and suggestions and resources to help people organise their own activities. There were relevant posts on our News and Features and Events pages too, for example about:
- our 16 November webinar with National Careers Week, which provided training for engagement with schools;
- our 17 November webinar on how to interest university students in IP careers;
- our 18 November careers clinic with IP Futures;
- our 19 November webinar “STEM: Branching Out”, also about careers outreach in schools, with a particular focus on STEM-based IP careers;
- a 20 November CITMA webinar “Trade mark career stories”, for people aspiring to be trade mark attorneys; and
- a 27 November masterclass about applying to train as a patent or trade mark attorney.
Please continue to share your thoughts, memories and photos by email, through our Careers in Ideas LinkedIn group or on Twitter (@CareersInIdeas). Also don’t forget to sign up to our “IP Inclusive Updates” mailing list to keep abreast of further Careers in Ideas activities.