The first part of the event focused on social mobility, outreach and recruitment, featuring:
• Introduction to IP Inclusive’s Recruiting for Social Mobility toolkit
• Outreach – Luke McKelvey from the charity in2scienceUK
• Attraction and recruitment – Marks & Clerk
• Assessment, Interview, Induction, Support – group discussion
We then moved on to the:
• IP Inclusive Midlands Network “Kick-Off”
in which we discussed what people wanted out of the new network, to help shape its 2020 plans.
This was a great chance for IP professionals in the Midlands area to meet with one another, and to share ideas and experiences particularly around promoting diversity and inclusion. There were refreshments and plenty of networking time between the discussions, and a full house ensured the discussions were lively and constructive. Members of the IP Inclusive North of England network had also made the time to attend, to share some of their ideas and experiences.
The event was kindly hosted by Marks & Clerk’s Birmingham office at Alpha Tower, Suffolk Street, Queensway, Birmingham, B1 1TT. All IP professionals were welcome.