Women in IP coffee dates
Tuesday 29 June 2021
Our June 2021 Women in IP coffee dates provided an hour of informal chat and networking with friends from around the country. As usual, all UK-based IP professionals were welcome, regardless of gender.
This month’s discussion theme was “New working models”. We explored the following questions:
- What working models do you think we will start to see more of in the “new normal”? Do you think they will be used to the same extent by all genders?
- Do you think working away from the office more will affect the ability to get support/sponsorship, or otherwise be a negative?
- What strategies should we use to overcome/minimise any negatives?
On the same theme, you might be interested in IP Inclusive’s recently-published “Ten tips for post-lockdown inclusivity”.
Venues and hosts
Thank you to all our regional coffee date hosts, which this time were:
Belfast – Helen Lavery (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cambridge – Sarah Abou-Shehada (sarah.abou-shehada@
London – Emily Teesdale (email@example.com)
Midlands – Claire O’Brien (claire.o’firstname.lastname@example.org)
North of England – Catherine French (email@example.com)
Scotland – Laurence Cheney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
South-West England – Megan Jefferies (email@example.com)
Wales (Newport) – Nicola Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
York – Catherine Coombes (email@example.com)
Read about our previous coffee dates…
We hope to post a summary of the discussions soon. In the meantime, why not take a look at some write-ups from our previous 2021 coffee dates:
- “Coffee and Quick Wins” (March 2021 event)
- “Bringing your whole self to work” (January 2021 event with IP Out)
This event was free. So are all our resources. We think it’s important to keep IP Inclusive the right side of the paywall.
That said, we do need money to keep the show on the road, so if you enjoyed the event please consider contributing to our 2021-22 fundraising campaign. For individual ad hoc donations, our crowdfunding page is here. Or for more information – including for corporate sponsors – visit our general fundraising page here.