Women in IP coffee dates
Wednesday 15 September 2021
September brings that “back to school” feeling. It’s an opportunity to refresh and refocus and, for inspiration, we invited our supporters to join the regular Women in IP coffee date (all genders welcome) to discuss how they set and achieve goals for themselves.
For a change, instead of having our coffee dates divided by geographical location, attendees for this event were randomised to a host independent of their location. This gave everyone the opportunity to meet new people.
The questions we discussed are below. Look out for a report soon of some very interesting and inspiring conversations!
- Do you set goals for yourself in your personal and professional development? What kind of goals do you set? Has your focus changed after the events of the past 18 months?
- How do you keep your goals in mind and hold yourself accountable?
- Can you think of a time when you did not reach a goal you set for yourself? How did you deal with it?
A huge thank you to our breakout discussion hosts: Sarah Abou-Shehada of Appleyard Lees, Isobel Barry of Carpmaels & Ransford, Catherine French of Sacco Mann and Margaret Hastie of Murgitroyd. If you’re interested in hosting a coffee date or breakout room yourself in the future, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
Read about our previous coffee dates…
The Women in IP coffee dates are open to all UK-based IP professionals. They have tackled a range of themes and revealed valuable ideas, advice, resources and shared experiences. Why not take a look at some write-ups from our previous 2021 coffee dates:
- “New working models” (June 2021 event)
- “What does disability look like?” (May 2021 event with IP Ability)
- “Coffee and quick wins” (March 2021 event)
- “Bringing your whole self to work” (January 2021 event with IP Out)
This event was free. So are all our resources. We think it’s important to keep IP Inclusive the right side of the paywall.
That said, we do need money to keep the show on the road, so if you enjoyed the event please consider contributing to our 2021-22 fundraising campaign. For individual ad hoc donations, our crowdfunding page is here. Or for more information – including for corporate sponsors – visit our general fundraising page here.