During the summer of 2021, we’re delighted to be able to bring you a series of regional IP Inclusive and CIPA Informals “park meets”. Kathryn Taylor, the Informals’ Blog, Website & Social Media Editor and also a member of the IP Inclusive Midlands Network committee, tells us more about this uplifting new project.
The idea started with the IP Non-traditional Family Network, who are now collaborating with other IP Inclusive groups and with the Informals to get more people together to enjoy the sunshine. We’ve organised several events already, and we would love to have more in other regions. These are family events; children and pets are welcome.
If you’d like to get involved and there isn’t already an event near you, please get in touch (by emailing Kathryn Taylor), letting us know where you’re based and what days of the week/times would suit you best. It’s a great opportunity to connect with other IP folk!
Scheduled park meets
So far we have the following park meets in the calendar:
- Bath: Saturday 7 August 2021, 2 pm at the Royal Victoria Park, hosted by the IP Non-traditional Family Network. More details here.
- Cheltenham: Saturday 14 August 2021, 2 pm at Pittville Park, hosted by the IP Inclusive Midlands Network. More details here.
- Nottingham: Saturday 14 August 2021, 2 pm at Wollaton Park, hosted by CIPA Informals and the IP Non-traditional Family Network. More details here.
- Sheffield: Saturday 14 August 2021, 2 pm at Graves Park, hosted by the IP Inclusive North of England Network. More details here.
- Cambridge: Monday 23 August 2021, 6 pm, outside King’s College, hosted by CIPA Informals. More details here.
- Leeds: Thursday 23 September 2021, 12.30 pm at Park Square, hosted by the North of England Network. More details here.
We’re also in the process of organising:
- Glasgow: date/time tbc, hosted by the IP Inclusive Scotland Network. Contact Rachel Gillan or Euan Duncan for more details.
- Manchester: date/time tbc, also hosted by the North of England Network.
- Southampton: date/time tbc, hosted by CIPA Informals. Contact Sam Smith for more details.
Keep an eye on our Events page – or on this post – for further venues and updates. And you can see some photos from the park meets that have already happened in this event post, or in this blog post by Janine Swarbrick from the IP Non-traditional Family Network.