Ryan Compton of the Centre for Resolution, who wrote a series of guest blogs for us recently on disability in the workplace, has let us know about a training event which the Centre is running this October.
Whilst we cannot of course endorse the work of individual providers, we thought some members of the IP Inclusive community might find this course helpful in attracting, supporting and retaining employees with disabilities.
The course will be held at the London Canal Museum,12-13 New Wharf Rd, London N1 9RT, on 16th October 2018 from 12:45 to 16:00. There are a limited number of early bird tickets available until 20th July 2018 which reduces the ticket price from £110.00 to £90.00.
Using case studies, personal reflections, workshops and peer discussions, the training will cover the following topics:
• The Medical and Social Model of Disability;
• Legislation including The Disability Discrimination Act and The Equality Act;
• Reasonable adjustments;
• Funding available for organisations to support employees with disabilities;
• Appropriate language and effective communication;
• Barriers that people with disabilities face;
• Innovative ways to support your disabled employees and customers;
• The difference between empathy and sympathy and the appropriate use of these; and
• Stereotyping and unconscious bias.