There will be two strands to the event:
- Socioeconomic mobility and the IP professions; and
- IP Inclusive Midlands Network “kick-off”.
The first part of the session will include a discussion about IP Inclusive’s social mobility “toolkit” and a talk by Luke McKelvey from the outreach charity in2scienceUK. The discussion will cover outreach, recruitment, induction and looking after people once they’ve been recruited into the IP professions.
The Midlands network committee is keen to involve as many people as possible. The aim of the “kick-off” section of the event is to explore ideas for future activities and events. Please come along and let us know what you would like from your regional network. New committee members are welcome as well!
The current Midlands network committee members are:
- Jennifer Unsworth (Vault IP)
- Hannah Barton (Marks & Clerk)
- Nicholas Briggs (Shakespeare Martineau)
- Becky Egan (Freeths)
- Lynne Jackson (Marks & Clerk)
- Claire O’Brien (Mills & Reeve)
- Kerry Russell (Shakespeare Martineau)
- Anthony Williams (Barker Brettell)